Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Some Scrap Layouts to Share

I haven't done any scrapping at all since I came back from my weekend away about a month ago, so 2 weeks ago I went along to the Friday Frenzy at Scrapbooks from the Heart (where I work) just to play with my friend Kaye. And I managed to get 3 pages done, I was so pleased with myself, I didn't think I would even get 1 finished. But here is what I got up to.

I took this photo of Luke in March, he is all ready to jump in the pool for his swimming lesson. He absolutely loved it and was ducking his head under and swimming on his own with his floaties in the second lesson. A bit of a water child I think. I really love the train paper and wanted to make it partly a feature on the page, so I haven't added too much else. The paper range is Animal Stackers from Three Bugs in a Rug. And I cut out the title using the Lyrical Letters cartridge on the cricut. And the lion is also cut on the cricut from the Animal Kingdom cartridge.


I couldn't resist scrapping these photos of Chloe, I took them just after her 4th birthday and we were going to the shop and this is how she came out ready to go. I let her go like that, but took photos first. But she didn't want any photos taken.
I have used paper from My Little Shoebox, and when I saw this paper I just knew which photos were going to go on it. I cut the butterflies out with my Cuttlebug using a Sizzix die and then embossed them in the cuttlebug with the Divine Swirls folder and then sprayed them with Key Lime Glimmer Mist. The flowers were also attacked with Glimmer Mist, Pearl and Pink Taffy. A bit of a Prima bling flourish in the corner and a Twiddleybitz owl, also attacked with Glimmer Mist - Gold this time and yep you guessed it, the tree branch was also attacked with Glimmer Mist, Olive Vine and then I hung a little fairy charm off the branch, isn't she cute? The title is Prima Alphas.



And lastly, these photos were taken on Bremer Beach at Bremer Bay at Easter. We parked up at the beach for a day of fishing. The kids all had a great time and we even managed to catch some fish too. Although the weather was being a bit silly that day. It would rain, and then the sun would come out and then it would rain and then the sun would come back, it was like that all day, but it didn't spoil our fun. Luke had a fantastic time 'fishing like Dad' even though his line didn't go in the water, he still thought it was fun.
This page took me no longer than 10 minutes to do and I love it. I kind of threw the photos on the page and the chipboard embelly and voila I had a page. I can't remember exactly what the paper was, but I distressed the egdes of it and the alphas are American Thickers Foam alphas, a Twiddleybitz chipboard embellishment I sprayed with Saphire Glimmer Mist and then a couple of fishing 3D stickers I had bought ages ago for a fishing page.

Well that's all for me tonight. Until next time.
Night all
Danielle
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment