Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Scrappy Weekend Away

You might want to grab a cuppa as this is going to be a VERY long post, I have lots of scrapping to share today.

I have had a fantastic weekend away with some great friends. We went to the Scrap Away in WA Retreat that was held at Footprints Resort down at Preston Beach. We had a great time with lots of laughs and even got some scrapping done too!!
We arrived on Friday night and checked into our villa, the 4 of us shared a villa together and slept on single bunk beds... I felt like a school girl having a sleep over! On our beds was a goody bag each filled with yummy Avon things like shower gel, shampoo, hand cream, foot cream, lipgloss, ear plugs. It was so nice. Then we headed up to the conference room that was our scrapping room for the weekend and there was another goody bag each on our tables filled with scrapping stuff. Unfortunately, I forgot to get photos of these. But it was so nice.

I managed to get 2 layouts done on Friday night before heading off to bed at midnight. I decided to scrap 2 of our Wedding photos as we have been married for 10 years and I haven't scrapped any of our photos yet.

I used the gorgeous Capella range of papers from Basic Grey on these two and the Pieces pack as embelleshments and some flowers I had and an RW Laser Cut black flourish.





Then onto Saturday....

I did this layout of Brad and Luke going for a ride on the four-wheel motorbike on the beach at Bremer Bay. I just love this photo and Luke loved going for his ride. He kept asking us for 'more mo-bike ride' all afternoon.



Don't you just love those cogs. I cut them out using the Tim Holtz Sizzix Big Die - Gadget Gears on the Big Shot Sizzix. I cut them out of thick cardboard and then sprayed them with Graphite Tatter Angels Glimmer Mist and I LOVE how they turned out. I used Kaisercraft Utopia paper range and some Prima alphas and a spiral punch to make the light brown cardstock look like it had been taken from a note book.

Next is this layout I did of Chloe when she was 8 months old. It was her very first picnic. I have been wanting to scrap these photos for ages, but just couldn't find the right papers, but when I got these new Kaisercraft Hey Birdie papers, I just knew which photos they were going to go with. Chloe had a great time and I got terribly sunburnt, but these photos still make me smile. They were taken by my friend Michelle.


I used Old Olive Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist on the Kaiser Chip Board Alphas to give them a bit of colour and I think they match perfectly with the papers. I love all the little birdies and will definately be using these papers again.

Later in the afternoon, the four of us took a bottle of wine and some nibbles and walked down the beach and sat and watched the sun go down over the water. It was so pretty. I love sitting on the beach watching the sun set. Unfortunately, I forgot to take my camera with me :( But the other girls did get some photos, so I'm hoping to steal some from them.

My next layout was of Luke. He had fallen asleep in his cot while reading a book. I had to take photos of him because I always fall asleep reading in bed and Brad has to take the book away and turn the lights off.


For this layout I used the new October Afternoon Fly A Kite patterned papers, Twiddleybitz Chipboard that I sprayed with Peppermint Stick Glimmer Mist and I have to say, this colour was recommended to me by a friend and I really like it. I also used Prima Alphas and Adorn it mini alphas for the title. And did some stitching.

Next up is Chloe's Kindy photo from last year. This is another photo I wasn't quite sure what to do with or which papers to use, but I think it goes nicely with these My Little Shoebox papers. I love the owls on here.

I haven't put any embellishments on this except for the title which is done with American Crafts Foam Alphas - Lullaby. I didn't want to take too much focus away from the photo as it was her very first school photo and the papers are quite busy.

And then I made this Birthday card for one of Chloe's little friends from school who turned 5 and had her party on Sunday.


The bird is a Quickutz die, isn't he cute. I used the Hey Birdy papers from Kaisercraft for it's body and legs and hand cut the grass from green Bazzill that I ran through the Cuttlebug using the Branches Embossing folder and then inked to make it stand out. I cut out clouds from My Little Shoebox - Skys the Limit paper and then put them put them through the cuttlebug also, using the Divine Swirls Embossing folder.

Well that is all...Phew...That took a while, but I hope you enjoy having a look at what I got up to on my weekend away. I had such a great time and hope that we can do it again soon.

I think I have found my scrapping mojo again. I wanted to come home and do more. lol But I am off to start making invitations for Chloe's Birthday Party next month. She too is going to be 5.

Thanks for looking and Ciao for now

Danielle

xx

3 comments:

  1. An awesome weekend with great friends and the layouts are fantastic Danielle. As I said to Kaye, When are we going again???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there
    Loved looking at your blog. I can't wait to get set up in the new house to scrap away and when I am organised would love to get together and do some with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fabulous weekend, just like we do with quilting! Your scrapbooking is the best!

    ReplyDelete