Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I'm back/We are back

We are back from holidays and also have our computer back after the hard drive died and had to be fixed as it had somehow been corrupted.  But it's all fixed and working very nicely now.

I can't believe how quickly it got so cold.  Although, it may have gradually moved in while we were up in sunny, warm Exmouth and Coral Bay for 2 weeks.  The beaches and coastline up there are just amazing and I loved seeing the beach every day.  The kids loved being able to go swimming most days and the caravan park we stayed in in Exmouth had movies on every night for the kids at 7pm.  It was great and they loved it.  The movie screen was right next to where we were camped so we could see the kids from our site.

Since coming back we have all been sick Brad and I with tonsilitis, Luke had a nose and eye infection, Chloe has been coughing for the last week and a half and I now have a cold.  Bring on the warm weather again I reckon.   I love winter for the rain, but not for this cold weather and sick season that it brings us.

I didn't take as many photos while were away as I would have liked to, because Brad and I were both sick while we were away too, but I did manage to take a few, so I will share them over the next few days so I don't bore you with too many in one go.

But here is one I had a play with last week.  I love how the colours turned out.


This beach is one in Coral Bay that we drove to on a four wheel drive track to do some fishing. 

This photo was taken at a lookout near the Lighthouse in Exmouth.  These are the friends we went away with.  We all had a fantastic time and Brad and Kieren have been good friends since high school.

I also managed to finish an assignment last week, so now I have 3 left to do.  I have been doing Prac at a school nearby and am loving it.  I'm in a Pre-Primary class and working with a fantastic EA who is teaching me lots.

I scrapped on the weekend too.  It's been such a long time and I think I lost something to help me create.  But I think it's back again now.  Here is what I did

This photo is of my Nan's Mum (in the middle) and sisters.  I'm not quite sure when it was taken, I will have to find out.
I have used TPC Studios - Grandmas Attic Embroidery paper for the background and the dresses are cut out from Scribble Scrabble's Simply Stylish - All Dressed Up/Black Polka Dot paper and I have used kindy glitz to jazz them up a bit. 
The title is cut out of Brown Bazzill and cut on the Cricut using the Gypsy Font.  It's one of my favourite fonts to use.    The label was cut out of cream cardstock and I used Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Four die to cut and emboss and then inked it with Pinecone ink.

Well thats it for now.  I wasn't meaning to write such a long post, but it has been a while. 

I'll try and share some more of our holiday photos during the week.

Thanks for stopping by

Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment